Become a Certified PBIS Tier 1 Trainer!
* SOLD OUT *
Contact Us to get of the wait list for the next event.
Five days of interactive and intensive training to prepare you to be a trainer-of-trainer for Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS) in your district and state. Learn the skills necessary to be an expert in training, coaching, evaluation and sustainability of multi-tiered systems of support.
Be a part of the emerging global PBIS Professional Learning Network and a champion in improving student outcomes through decreased behavior problems, increased academic achievement and improved school climate and safety for all. You can make a difference with your leadership.
- Understand the science and framework of PBIS, district readiness and implementation scope and sequence
- Review research articles relevant to PBIS, MTSS, and sustainability of systems change
- Learn to present 10 critical components of a Tier 1 PBIS system (Tier 1 TLC), and/or
- Identify a process for data-based decision-making and using national tools to evaluate PBIS fidelity and outcomes
- Analyze the coaching continuum and practice facilitation skills for leading school and district PBIS teams
- Examine seven elements of effective presenters to support your role as trainer, leader & coach (TLC)
- Experience implementing PBIS as part of a school team for 1+ years
- Knowledge background in PBIS, behavior analysis & interventions, school psychology or special education
- Training and coaching skills and disposition
- 2 people per district (recommended)
- iPad and digital textbooks
- Five days of training
- Resource material, research articles, handouts, and trainer tools
- Lunch, snacks and refreshments
- Certificate for 30 hrs of professional development contact hours
Cost Per Person:
- $2,900 for Tier 1 (Early Bird before Dec. 31, 2016 is $2,500).
- Training can be taken in sequential years (recommended).
- Cancelations must be received in writing by March 1, 2017 for refund to be issued.
- Licensing of KOI PBIS Curriculum, slides, trainer materials or additonal books not included.
Registration Closed – SOLD OUT
Hotel Palomar Phoenix
2 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85004
A 7-min./.5 mile walk to KOI Education.The colorful contemporary rooms have Italian linens, yoga mats and glass walk-in showers. Studios and suites add soaking tubs, views and minibars with premium and organic products. Free perks include morning coffee in the living room, an evening wine hour and loaner bikes. The rooftop features an outdoor pool and a hip cocktail lounge. There’s an gastro-lounge and a salon and spa on-site. Access to an adjacent gym is included.
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Downtown
802 E Van Buren St, Phoenix, AZ 85006
A 20min./1.0 mile walk to KOI or a 5-min. drive. Modern all-suite lodging with kitchenettes & a pool, plus free WiFi, airport shuttle & hot breakfast.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Downtown
620 N 6th St, Phoenix, AZ 85004
A 22 min./1.1 mile walk to KOI or a 6-min. drive. Contemporary lodging with an outdoor pool & fitness room, plus free breakfast & WiFi.
Other hotel options within walking distance include:
- Sheraton Grand Phoenix
- Hyatt Regency Phoenix
- The Westin Phoenix Downtown
- Renaissance Phoenix Downtown
- Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix