Become a Certified PBIS Tier 1 Trainer!
* SOLD OUT! Please contact us to be added to a wait list or another session
Description: Download Training Flyer
Five days of interactive and intensive training to prepare you to be a trainer-of-trainer for Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS) in your district and state. Learn the skills necessary to be an expert in training, coaching, evaluation and sustainability of multi-tiered systems of support.
Be a part of the emerging global PBIS Professional Learning Network and a champion in improving student outcomes through decreased behavior problems, increased academic achievement and improved school climate and safety for all. You can make a difference with your leadership.
- Understand the science and framework of PBIS, district readiness and implementation scope and sequence
- Review research articles relevant to PBIS, MTSS, and sustainability of systems change
- Learn to present 10 critical components of a Tier 1 PBIS system (Tier 1 TLC), and/or
- Identify a process for data-based decision-making and using national tools to evaluate PBIS fidelity and outcomes
- Analyze the coaching continuum and practice facilitation skills for leading school and district PBIS teams
- Examine seven elements of effective presenters to support your role as trainer, leader & coach (TLC)
- Experience implementing PBIS as part of a school team for 1+ years
- Knowledge background in PBIS, behavior analysis & interventions, school psychology or special education
- Training and coaching skills and disposition
- 2 people per district (recommended)
- iPad and digital textbooks
- Five days of training
- Resource material, research articles, handouts, and trainer tools
- Lunch, snacks and refreshments
- Certificate for 30 hrs of professional development contact hours
Cost Per Person:
- $2,900 for Tier 1 (Early Bird before February 16, 2018 is $2,500).
- Training for Tier 2/3 can be taken in sequential years (recommended).
- Cancelations must be received in writing 90 days prior to training.
- Licensing of KOI PBIS Curriculum, slides, trainer materials or additonal books not included.
We are proud to partner with the Phoenix Elementary School District who will host the TLC at their district Professional Development Center: 1817 N 7th St, Phoenix, AZ 85006.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Downtown
620 N 6th St, Phoenix, AZ 85004
A 4-min./1.1 mile drive to Phoenix Elementary School District office. Contemporary lodging with an outdoor pool & fitness room, plus free breakfast & WiFi.
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Downtown
802 E Van Buren St, Phoenix, AZ 85006
A 4-min./1.3 mile drive to Phoenix Elementary School District office. Modern all-suite lodging with kitchenettes & a pool, plus free WiFi, airport shuttle & hot breakfast.
Courtyard Phoenix Downtown
132 South Central Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85004
A 7-min/2.1 mile drive to Phoenix Elementary School District office and the newest hotel in downtown Phoenix just a block from CityScape. The hotel features custom designed rooms with plush furnishings and free internet. You can kick off your day with freshly brewed Starbucks and reinvigorate body and soul in our 24-hour fitness center and indoor heated pool.
Hotel Palomar Phoenix
2 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85004
A 7-min./2.1 mile drive to Phoenix Elementary School District office and located in CityScape. The colorful contemporary rooms have Italian linens, yoga mats and glass walk-in showers. Studios and suites add soaking tubs, views and minibars with premium and organic products. Free perks include morning coffee in the living room, an evening wine hour and loaner bikes. The rooftop features an outdoor pool and a hip cocktail lounge. There’s an gastro-lounge and a salon and spa on-site. Access to an adjacent gym is included.
Other hotel options within a close drive include:
- Sheraton Grand Phoenix
- Hyatt Regency Phoenix
- The Westin Phoenix Downtown
- Renaissance Phoenix Downtown
- Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix