Become a Certified PBIS Tier 2/3 Trainer!
Description: Download Flyer
Five days of interactive and intensive training will prepare you to be a trainer-of-trainer for Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS) in your district and state. You will Learn the skills necessary to be an expert in training, coaching, evaluation and sustainability of multi-tiered systems of support.
Be a part of the emerging global PBIS Professional Learning Network and a champion in improving student outcomes through decreased behavior problems, increased academic achievement and improved school climate and safety for all. You can make a difference with your leadership.
- Understand the science and framework of PBIS, district readiness and implementation scope and sequence
- Review research articles relevant to PBIS, MTSS, and sustainability of systems change
- Learn to present 10 programs and interventions of a Tier 2 and Tier 3 PBIS system (Tier 2/3 TLC)
- Identify a process for data-based decision-making and using national tools to evaluate PBIS fidelity and outcomes
- Analyze the coaching continuum and practice facilitation skills for leading school and district PBIS teams
- Examine seven elements of effective presenters to support your role as trainer, leader & coach (TLC)
- Experience implementing PBIS as part of a school team for 1+ years
- Knowledge background in PBIS, behavior analysis & interventions, school psychology or special education
- Training and coaching skills and disposition
- 2 people per district (recommended)
- iPad and digital textbooks
- Five days of training
- Resource material, research articles, handouts, and trainer tools
- Lunch, snacks and refreshments
- Certificate for 30 hrs of professional development contact hours
Cost Per Person:
- $2,950 for Tier 1 (Early Bird before February 28, 2019 is $2,500)
- Training for Tier 2/3 can be taken in sequential years (recommended)
- Cancelations must be received in writing 90 days prior to training
- Includes license to use KOI PBIS Curriculum, slides, and trainer materials
KOI Education Training Center in downtown Phoenix:
NEW LOCATION – 99 E. Virginia Ave, Suite 120, Phoenix, AZ 85004
Embassy Suites Downtown Phoenix
10 East Thomas Road, Phoenix, Arizona, 85012
.5 mile from KOI Education. 10 minute walk.
Settle in for a relaxing stay at our Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North hotel. Located in the city’s midtown/downtown Central Corridor, we are just seven miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX), and two miles from the Phoenix Convention Center. The newly renovated hotel has an excellent location just steps away from the Valley Metro Light Rail.
Start your day with a free made-to-order breakfast featuring omelets with your choice of fillings, potatoes, bacon, fruit, pastries and more. Later each evening, join us for drinks and snacks at the complimentary Evening Reception in the beautiful atrium lounge or enjoy a delightful dinner at our Salt River Tavern.
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Phoenix Midtown
2520 N Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85004
.2 mile from KOI Education. 5 minute walk.
Welcome to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Midtown hotel, located in the heart of Phoenix on the Light Rail Line. Our hotel in Midtown Phoenix is convenient to the Phoenix Convention Center, Talking Stick Resort Arena, Chase Field Ballpark, Comerica Theater, ASU Downtown and Grand Canyon University. We are also within easy reach of downtown offices and museums, including Heard Museum and the Phoenix Art Museum. We invite to you enjoy our complimentary continental breakfast, fitness center, and complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. You’ll also want to make time to soak up some sun next to the outdoor pool.
The Hilton Garden Inn
15 East Monroe Street, Phoenix, Arizona, 85004
2 miles from KOI Education. 14 minute ride on light rail.
Guest rooms feature complimentary WiFi, a microwave, mini-fridge and Keurig® coffeemaker. Rest on the Suite Dreams by Serta™ bed and watch the 42-inch HDTV. A large desk with ergonomic chair, surge-protected outlets and complimentary PrinterOn® remote printing makes work easy. Refresh in a bathroom with granite vanity and three-jet body shower. Each suite is uniquely designed and has a separate living area – great for work travel or weekend getaways downtown. Accessible rooms are also available. Built in 1932, our Phoenix hotel features original Art Deco design and a grand lobby with restored columns and marble touches. Enjoy the easy ambience of Monroe’s lobby bar, breakfast in our Garden Grille restaurant, or a savory dinner at Nook Kitchen. Exercise in the 24-hour fitness center, and work smart in the 24-hour business center. Self parking: $16.00.
Other hotel options within a close drive include:
- Courtyard Phoenix Downtown
132 South Central Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Hotel Palomar Phoenix
2 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Downtown
620 N 6th St, Phoenix, AZ 85004